The Corporate Banking and Transverse system domain within GIT New York organization is in charge of the IT projects, applications support & maintenance of the following domains: Finance, Counterparty & Credit Risk, Commercial banking (Front and back office), Payments and SWIFT messaging and related compliance applications, transverse applications, as well as nonbusiness applications (IT for IT, Administration, HR ...).
The department is looking for a talented Business Analyst with a balance of technical knowledge and business acumen to partner with business groups and guide development teams to conceptualize, design and deliver new functional processes.
On all applications/business areas managed by CBTS domain, the Business Analyst applies creativity, business understanding, analytical processes, critical thinking, experience and project management to create, document and guide the implementation of application solutions for internal initiatives.
• Acting primarily as Business Analyst:
- Gather requirements and define specifications so development can be done.
- Propose and design technology solutions and transform them into clear business and technical requirements.
- Coordinate and assist with development teams to ensure proper implementation of business requirement in the information system.
- Liaise with the business (Finance, Risk, Compliance, Operations, and commercial business lines) to understand strategies and interpret underlying business needs.
- Utilize query tools to confirm data quality and investigate questions.
- Organize and conduct functional testing on major projects or complex changes.
• Acting as Project Manager / PMO on IT projects when necessary:
- Project manager role on IT projects. This includes, when applicable, change management activities (including roles and responsibilities, creation of service level agreements, review of current processes, definition of target processes and organization…); project scoping, planning and monitoring; define risk analysis on the different IT activities involved in the IT projects; organization of training as well as User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure adherence to the System Project Life Cycle (SPLC) and produces or assists in the production of key deliverables defined by the SPLC.
- Organize working, project and steering committees.
- Ensure that all system implementations meet US regulatory standards and are done in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Ensure the respect of policies and procedures of the Bank, as well as regulatory requirements.
• Ensure accuracy and expediency of any activity related to audits.
Representing of CBTS domain in front of Risk and Permanent Control department to follow-up and communicate on all Credit and Counterparty Risk applications activities (Production support, follow-up on users requests and projects, point of contact for escalation).
Oversees proper execution of BCP activities for the domain in scope when necessary.
Management and Reporting
Supervision of VIE and consultants (depending on project portfolio).
Key Internal contacts
Any business line involved in projects or applications: Risk and permanent control, CBO, Finance, Compliance, Client on boarding, CMO …
Key External contacts
Any external provider involved in projects and more specifically Head Office IT and business teams
Master's with 5 to 7 years’ experience
Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including coordinating with geographically
dispersed teams to achieve deliverables
Strong skills in developing relationships
and partnerships with key stakeholders
5 years’ experience in business analysis or functioning as such in a technology area
Financial Services industry experience
Experience as users’ support.
Specialist Training Required:
Desirable: Project management
Databases (data structure , SQL queries
Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel,
Visio, Power Point, Word
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Business knowledge at least one of the following areas
Commercial banking, Credit Risk (preferred) Accounting and Financial reporting
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Good organizational skills with attention to detail
o Ability to analyze and summaries information
o Ability to work autonomously o Comfortable in working with multiple teams across locations with excellent inter-personal skills.